Thursday, July 17, 2008

End of EY 24

My first year as a research student has ended. It went "well".

This was the first year that I ran 5km. And swam 50m. It was the year I renewed my fondness for cats, with a homeless kitten showing up on my doorstep and decided to stay there. This kitteh has now grown up quite a bit, but hasn't yet left me.

With regards to my research, the year started well, and ended well. Let's not talk about the middle part of the year. As it stands, my application for converting to PhD will now be accepted, and I will face a viva sometime next month. After that I should be a full-time PhD student. While I meandered a lot, I finally found a subject that's interesting and current at the same time. There are some interesting problems in the area, and I just finished tackling one of them. My solution is, of course, one of many alternatives, but I have feeling that it is the solution. It will be submitted for peer-review as soon as I finish writing up and finish conducting experiments. Apologies for the vagueness, but more details later.

2 comments:

ksp said...

thanks!

Alff said...

All the very best guruji