Here are two quick reviews of some more ice creams from Corner House.
Honey Bunny
Two Vanilla scoops sprinkled with powdered groundnuts and covered with honey, served in a tall cup. I tried this as an alternative to the Dew Drop Sundae, and I must say it's not very impressive. The honey seems to sink to the bottom of the cup, and you're just munching nuts and vanilla icecream till you reach the bottom.
Dew Drop Sundae
This is a favorite, though the one I had recently gave me some cause for concern. It's two scoops of Anjeer ice-cream, covered with a white "substance" (very thick milk?), sprinkled with cashewnuts and laced with honey served in a bowl. I usually opt to have roasted almonds instead of cashewnuts (and that's what I'm reviewing).
The first time I had the DDS, I was hooked. Roasted almonds have a nice way of going "pop" in the mouth, and the honey and anjeer flavours mix marvellously with pieces of anjeer also adding texture. Rather unforgettable. I was paying more attention this time and sadly (due to recession?) wasn't able to find the honey until the very bottom. Ah well, still a good ice-cream to wrap up with.
On a side note, the CH off Brigade road below Nagarjuna seems to have closed, though there is another more cramped one just nearby on the side road to Fame Shankarnag.
P.S.: Title resemblance to BC&TSdK is purely coincidental. I haven't even watched that movie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment