Fog I
(October/November 2011) It's 5AM and we've set out on the recce for the Huliyurdurga 200K. We want to be back before 6PM, hence the early start. We hit Magadi road and our group splits up. I'm in the middle group. We catch up to the lead group after Tavarakere. They've stopped because a black wall of darkness looms before them and only I have really good lights. We descend towards Tippagondanahalli reservoir. As the road curves through the small hills, we run into a wall of fog. It's nearly six and only the headlights of oncoming buses pierce through the fog. We reach Magadi at around 7, with the last wisps of fog still present around the old Fort.
Fog II
(Sometime late 2011/early 2012) I'm on a ride towards Hesaraghatta. A few km from the lake, we run into mist that quickly turns into fog. An excited look confirms that the entire lake is shrouded by a white blanket. What about the grasslands? We ride towards the grasslands which are entirely covered in fog. As we ride on the mud road, we lose our way and emerge somewhere else entirely!
Fog III
(Nov/Dec 2011) I'm riding on NH7, also known as Old Madras Road, on a recce for the Kolar Gold Fields 300K. Just after we exit Bangalore, the road runs near two massive lakes, and disappears into the thick fog. I'm wearing a wool jersey and the fog curls around me, condensing onto my jersey. I do not emerge dry!
[Technically, fog is low-lying clouds, pretty much the only time a landlubber can ride through the clouds!]
No comments:
Post a Comment