Finally, Google's ran out of patience. I was one of the few who hadn't upgraded to the "New Blogger", despite the adverts. Today, as I logged in, I saw the screen that told me to upgrade. I looked around for a link that would allow me to skip the screen (just for kicks), and there was one. However, featuring quite prominently below that link were the words "You can do this only once." I've always been interested in technology transitions --- I handled one myself --- and I wanted to see how it would be handled by Google. It's been smooth, I must say.
How did I do it? We kept both versions working till after about a year, we shutdown a server without warning. Thankfully, nobody complained.
BTW, most of it seems to have survived. I like the labels feature best of all, and I guess I'll be using it a lot.
Monday, February 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment