Temporarily at least.
I've been partially deaf for the past three weeks. After a series of unfortunate though avoidable events, I was left with reduced hearing in both my ears. Over time, my left ear steadily improved, but the right ear stayed stubbornly silent. After a "microscopic ear cleaning" procedure, I can now hear normally again! All the people talking, all the birds singing, all the plates clanging, all the sounds that I had couldn't hear. Indeed, I can even hear myself talk properly without the annoying internal reverbs or the purposeful too feeble voice to avoid the "earphone" syndrome of talking too loud.
Here's a tip: If your ears are blocked, don't push those earbuds into the ear canal. There's a very good reason why there's a warning on the pack against doing that, and you should heed it. Just wait for some time for the blockage to clear, or contact an ENT specialist.
P.S.: Going from unable to hear the phone in my pocket to hearing a short ring in a friends pocket, when he's a couple of feet away, can be scary.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment