Friday, July 20, 2007

Catchup Mode

[Hopefully this will be a long post]

Friday, department has been shutdown for annual maintenance for two days now, there's no power, and here I am trying to catch up on my blog. I'll be the first to admit it, it's been neglected for a while.

Another year has passed by on this little green planet, and I'm definitely older, and hopefully wiser. The past year has been exceptionally good in many ways, much of the academic pains notwithstanding. I can relax for now, but I expect I'll be encountering them again soon, but as said earlier, bring 'em on.

I now have more physical injuries on my body in the past one year, than in the decade prior to that, and I'm proud of it! It's a rather good indicator of how my brain and body have made peace with each other. As of today, a little over one and half years later, I can possibly bid over 99% of the RSI good bye. That spectacular collapse was frightening, thankfully it's now all in the past. It has been amazing at how I can seem to do almost anything that I try these days, and that has dampened my fears about being an old dog who can't learn new things.

The last year has been spent picking up a lot of threads I'd abandoned a long time ago. Then I had no time, but thanks to my now rather pronounced selfishness of placing myself before everybody else, I've been able to get back to them. Rediscovering the individual in me has been both an enjoyable and frightening process, and you may not like what you'll see. But there are no apologies. Not this time. Not anymore.

Lately, I've settled into a more "disciplined" life, with routine being more the rule than the exception. That means less fodder for this blog, but it has translated into more work and less procrastination (I hope!). Given that I've just started research, that's hopefully good. Plodding slowly but surely is better than fast sprints sometimes. This being one of those times.

In short, Life is good, and it's getting better.

3 comments:

Nitin Pai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nitin Pai said...

Why do i think that sooner than later u will be touring the country ala Robin Sharma to dispense with pearls of wisdom?

ksp said...

aargh ... no ... I really don't want to go on mending people's life.