Monday, September 24, 2007

Playing with the Kittehs

She was mewing pitifully on that hot afternoon, outside the Gym Cafe, where she had been inadvertently locked out. I think it was because she was alone than anything else. I was on my way to lunch, but that could wait! I played with the kitten. Soon she was jumping all around, and trying to impress me by swatting flies. Pretty funny.

A few months later, I saw her again, now quite grown up, and sunning on a chair. Want to play? She ran after the stick and the leaves that I waved at her, but she was timid, and ran for cover anytime I tried to touch her or pick her up. I was a bit timid too, given how I was reacting to her playful bites and fighting. Too long away from cats ...

Today, I saw her again. And this time, while getting late for breakfast, I stopped to play again. And was she in a playful mood! Running, rubbing my legs, play fighting (and I'd lost my fear too!), enjoying the scratching of her neck and what not! And me baby talking to her in my native tongue -- as if she would understand (but she seemed to!)

Clearly she enjoyed it too, given that when I turned to go, she came running after me mewing for me to stay! Sadly, I couldn't stay. But there will be more days like this.

Lovely animals, cats. Unfortunately I have no time to take care of them now, and so can't keep one. I console myself with LOLCats, though. And cats like this one certainly help!

2 comments:

Nitin Pai said...

Oochi and whitey!!!!

Jugal said...

Are you sure there's no metaphor to this one? :P

Oh and returned to this blog after a long tiiime! he he