My laptop just died today morning. It was an issue regarding the manufacturing defect in the onboard NVIDIA GPU in the V3000 series laptop. Although HP has my contact details, they did not contact me. I was aware of the NVIDIA GPU notebook fiasco, and I did visit the HP site to check for my laptop, but it wasn't listed there. Guess I should've looked harder (my p/n is RM553PA).
HP extended the warranty to 24 months, but that ran out 2 months ago, so I'm now being told that a motherboard replacement for the laptop will cost me 15K+.
And I have a deadline to meet in a week. Thankfully I get paranoid around deadlines so all of my work is backed up. But this is going to hurt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ow! These sort of events always do hurt. Sure can't beat backing up though.
Does that mean that you M/B is open for you to hack and stuff?
Post a Comment