Comics intended for an international audience will often go to the countries with only the artwork and coloring done. The speech bubbles will be empty. The idea is that the original English text (or whatever language the original may be in) will be translated to the local language and lettered in later in the local language.
Except when the company that imports the comic is too cheap to hire quality lettering artists.
Then they fill the blank bubbles with improperly spaced Comic Sans text.
Aaargh ... it hurts!
[Saw Goscinny's and Tabary's Iznogoud today, mutilated by Comic Sans. Thanks a lot "Euro Books", Kalina. I know you jokers from the time you used Comic Sans in everything from the Phantom to Disney -- at that time I think you were Egmont India.
If you non-comics fans don't get it -- remember the time when Cartoon Network India used the same voice actors for all their shows in Hindi? That's what it feels like. Except a hundred times worse.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
But Comic Sans seriously needs to be destroyed, neutralised, isolated, whateverwordthatimpliesextinctandforgottenandgone.
Also, thank god, I've never come across a "Euro book"
Post a Comment