Picked up copies of the Joy of Cooking, vols 1 and 2 yesterday for 20 rupees each! Vol 2, Appetizers, Desserts, and Baked Goods, is particularly interesting. I love used book stores, especially those that sell books that aren't available anywhere!
So that makes it a very large haul of books this month, what with the Bangalore Book Fair also being held in November. The best part of the book fair are (of course) the used book shops who show up from Mumbai, Hyderabad and other places. Each puts up a "Any book Rupees 50" (or 100 or 95 or whatever) sign and attracts a horde of book lovers to their shops searching for a bargain. I spent the most time in these stalls ferreting out some very good bargains -- Frank Herbert's hardback Dreamer of Dune biography for 100, Greg LeMond's Complete Book of Bicycling for 50, James Fixx's Complete Book of Running for 95 and many others!
And it ain't over, I just received word that the Strand Book Stall is holding its annual fair from Nov 26!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Read your blog after a long time. Unlike Infy, Sapient doesn't block blogspot. My blog has been stagnant since I don't know how long. And yeah, I am in Bangalore.
you must gift Joy of Cooking to me !!
Post a Comment