O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem
- O Fortuna
It's been a year of changing fortunes. On one hand, some of my academic work has finally been accepted, on the other, this acceptance may have come too late. If my hectic activity during these past months have been any indication, there may even be a case to conclude that I finally like doing research. Though, given that I have hardly ridden these past few months, I wonder if I really want to go back living like the bonszai days.
This year was the first in which I learnt I was hopelessly naive when it comes to political machinations. In the end, I was probably relieved that it turned out as it did. It's a pity good people sit by and do nothing, but I guess people deserve the leaders they choose.
I finally learned to look up to the skies this year, and many a crazy night was spent at the outskirts of Bangalore with friends, lying on a cold mud ground peering up to catch some celestial phenomenon. The sky is a wonderful place, and the perspective it offers is humbling.
This year also marked my first vacation that did not involve going back home -- a bicycle tour with friends in the beautiful region of Malnad. I've not written about it here yet, and I will write about that trip in the days to come.
Like last year, this report comes late, but I've been busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment