NP, the younger, and I decided to catch up on some movies. Yesterday provided the holiday and INOX provided the opportunity. We ended up viewing Argo, Cloud Atlas, and Skyfall. All on the same day! Here are some quick reviews.
Argo: Fast-paced, never-a-dull moment and nice story make this a very enjoyable watch. Too much over-the-top drama at the end, in my humble opinion, but this is a film you should watch.
Cloud Atlas: With a longish trailer, and an even longer film (just 8 minutes short of three hours), I had been looking forward to catching this "sci-fi" film. It is rather hard to connect all the stories in the film -- if there is any connection at all -- and I think a reading of the book may be necessary to fully "get" the movie. That said, don't think I was ever bored during the three hours, and the movie is eminently watchable.
Skyfall: I do not recall which Bond films I've watched in theatres, but it is remarkable that they are now classified U/A. Daniel Craig does a nice job as James Bond, but the film was low-key and believable as far as comparison to the older James Bond spy films go. Couple that with a film-based projection system in INOX for this movie, and I'm not sure this film was worth it.
And yes, the Nanny state seems to be in full swing, with every smoking scene subtitled with a warning, loud warnings before the film and in intervals, and ridiculous cuts -- gore cut from an A movie? C'mon! What a pity film makers acquiesce to the Censor Board's demands instead of fighting its decisions.
Argo: Fast-paced, never-a-dull moment and nice story make this a very enjoyable watch. Too much over-the-top drama at the end, in my humble opinion, but this is a film you should watch.
Cloud Atlas: With a longish trailer, and an even longer film (just 8 minutes short of three hours), I had been looking forward to catching this "sci-fi" film. It is rather hard to connect all the stories in the film -- if there is any connection at all -- and I think a reading of the book may be necessary to fully "get" the movie. That said, don't think I was ever bored during the three hours, and the movie is eminently watchable.
Skyfall: I do not recall which Bond films I've watched in theatres, but it is remarkable that they are now classified U/A. Daniel Craig does a nice job as James Bond, but the film was low-key and believable as far as comparison to the older James Bond spy films go. Couple that with a film-based projection system in INOX for this movie, and I'm not sure this film was worth it.
And yes, the Nanny state seems to be in full swing, with every smoking scene subtitled with a warning, loud warnings before the film and in intervals, and ridiculous cuts -- gore cut from an A movie? C'mon! What a pity film makers acquiesce to the Censor Board's demands instead of fighting its decisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment