Sunday, June 25, 2006

He's back!

Superman Returns after 20 long years to the big screen.



As a young kid, I remember donning a "costume" and jumping off swings emulating who was to have a large influence (knowingly and unknowingly) on me. The costume was a towel cape which seemed to amuse passers-by to no end. Of course, I unabashedly strutted around -- who would dare mess around with Superman? (or a reasonably imaginative clone of him?)

There were other heroes too, Lee Falk's Phantom came in a close second, but no childish imagination could conjure up a skin-tight purple outfit! But I guess Superman's ability to fly (jump?) won him the day.

Go read Wikipedia's Superman article, it'll tell you a lot more about this character. As I discovered, there are some rather queer coincidences in my life with the Superman Mythos, but that later...

Superman Returns will be in IMAX 3D format, which I was hoping to catch at the IMAX Dome in my city. Sadly, there's no telling if it's going to appear there, I must talk to them. There's no publicity regarding the IMAX release yet. But IMAX or not, this is one movie I'm not going to miss!

June 28/30 -- Here I come! (Yes, they advanced the release date, but no telling whether cinemas here will release it earlier)

Update: It is indeed being released in the Dome! June 30's the day.

1 comment:

Jugal said...

OMG boy, your blog's really filling up!