Well, I just attended my first class, so what have I been doing upto now?
There was a talk on Reservations and alternatives to provide equal opportunities by Mr. Arun Shourie. Rather long background, and few concrete alternatives, given the title of the talk, but enjoyable nevertheless.
Then we had the Freshers' welcome by the Student's Council, followed by a Carnatic Classical Evening. I like classical music, even though I understand none of the technical nuances, and it did not disappoint. If you're a person that thinks classical music is boring, you might want to listen to a few ragas that exhibit tremendous energy. Surprisingly I did recognize one "number" --- the famous Bhagyada Lakshmi by Purandara Dasa. It was played last and evoked a lot of memories. So I do know both the tune and the lyrics of atleast one classical song, in Kannada, even more!
Musical Instrument of the evening: the Morsing
Finally, a movie! This week it is a Hindi movie, Phir Hera Pheri. I've enjoyed Hera Pheri, but this one is pathetic. Nevertheless, the Movie Club that screens movies every Friday has some amazing facilities. We have a huge, multiplex-size screen. There is a real movie projector, with real movie reels, and real movies posters to boot! And the price? Dirt-cheap.
Enjoying myself? You bet. But as I said, I just attended my first class.
Monday, August 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Phir Hera Pheri is lifted off from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (a Guy Ritchie film)
A full blown movie club! You making me real jealous now. The institute LAN takes care of mine for the moment....
Post a Comment