Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Meet Bonszai

You'd think the way congratulations are coming in that I've got married. Well, my schoolmates always thought I'd end up this way.

Meet Bonszai. My new laptop PC. I'm typing this entry on it.

Bonszai is a sweet Compaq Presario V3000 series, the V3133AU machine, which has the following specs:
  • AMD Turion X2 TL-52
  • 512MB RAM (to become 1G or more)
  • Dual Layer DVD Writer
  • 80G SATA
  • 14.1" WXGA (1280x800)
  • Wireless 802.11 a/b/g
  • Bluetooth
  • nVIDIA GeForce Go
And cool blue leds!

Why is it named bonszai?

Bonsai, from the Japanese word for "miniature plant", this laptop being a small one. It also embodies a lot of beauty, being rather nice-looking.

Banzai, from the Japanese word for "ten thousand years". Which is a lot more years than I expect this to last.

My tech blog will have more details. But later.

3 comments:

Jugal said...

*my computer sees tattoo on top left of screen... and then looks at your computer*

*Presario v3000 on both of them and other blue LED bit and all that*

BHAIYYA! :D

The only thingie different is gfx card and processor.

rohan_nog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rohan_nog said...

Yo Pai, way to go! Nice to hear you got a new laptop. Any issues installing GNU/Linux? BTW, when you get married you'll get my deepest sympathies ;) or should those go to your wife :D ?