I knew it had to happen soon, given that I've been largely teetering over the edge for a couple of years now. Well, I finally fell. My new year is not so happy.
My CGPA is 6.0/8.0. That means I continue in the Institute for now. My grades are A-A-D. That means I have to make up for the D. Research students aren't allowed below C, and this means I've to redo the course (not possible since it's not offered this semester) or take up an alternative course. And I've to do it this semester itself. This throws a lot of plans out of gear, but as Eisenhower said, "Plans are worthless, but planning is everything".
Sometimes in life, you wonder why you take the "stupid" risks. As long as you get away with it, I think you don't really mind. But when the risk becomes real, then what? Will you become risk averse? Once bitten, twice shy? I hope not. I came here to do the difficult things. The things I'll probably not have the appetite for later. Bring 'em on.
[The Institute's grading system is on a S-A-B-C-D-F scale.]
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tere attitude me dam hai
I know, taking those "stupid risks" is FuN as long as you get away with them. We have done it all through engineering ;-) Even I had my share of disasters then.
Thats right ! Bring 'em on !!!
Planning sucks. Ask me.
And Uncle Chuck from Portland, OR said: "You remember the things you survive more than the things you enjoy."
Post a Comment