It's pure pleasure watching a professional at work. My cycle recently showed its age, when the rear derailleur cable broke when I was shifting. It was jammed and rusted and when I tried to move the (grip) shifter too hard, it just snapped. While I was wondering what the cost would be, I also feared that it couldn't be fixed.
Thankfully, just five minutes from my hostel is a rather professional cycle shop [R R Cycles] (he has helmets and bike computers!), and he had no problems saying he could fix the problem (for a small sum). Next day when I went with the cycle, he had the entire system replaced in under twenty minutes! Given my struggle with the gear mechanisms, I was amazed! As a bonus, I recovered two gears to which I couldn't shift before, and no amount of my adjustment had brought them back.
Now, the difference in the two shifters (rear and front) is apparent. The rear shifts so easily, that I often shift two or more at a time. The front, however, still old and jammed. Maybe I'll replace that too.
The replacement cables aren't as nice as the original ones, but they'll do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment