Thursday, September 18, 2008

Upgrades

Finally got around to upgrading Bonszai to a clean install of Ubuntu Hardy Heron. I might however just reinstall Intrepid Ibex next month.

Also, I upgraded the RAM by 2GB (Corsair Value Select DDR2 667). Corsair's a good brand, and for about half a thou extra they were offering "10 year warranty". Seems to be working fine. No swap used at all yet :D. I'd gone for Kingston (wasn't available, 5yr) and Hynix (no 2GB modules, 3yr) was also a good choice, but decided on Corsair anyway.

Also got a full-sized Logitech Easy Keyboard "Deluxe" keyboard. Unfortunately it wasn't available in USB and I'm having to use a USB-to-PS/2 converter. This keyboard won't move around too much so that's okay. Hands immediately feel great with the 25% extra width! Keyboard feels fantastic too. This should quieten some of the wrist pain that I've been experiencing after heavy bouts of coding and writing. Makes using the touchpad rather tricky however.

Yep, setting up happening here.

No comments: