The first movie I've memories of watching in theatres is Raiders of the Lost Ark featuring Harrison Ford as that inimitable archaelogist Indiana Jones. From the first scene, that movie was immensely watchable. That was the only Indy movie till I saw The Last Crusade and The Temple of Doom on TV much later. In my opinion, the Temple of Doom is sadly unwatchable. This year, however, the fourth Indiana Jones movie -- the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -- came out after a gap of about a decade. Always rumoured to be in production, it was immediately a must-see for me. Unfortunately I couldn't catch it in the theatres, but it when it turned up at the campus theatre, I watched it.
Sadly, despite the opening Area 51 scene, it's not the Ark the Russians are looking for -- though I didn't realize that until I saw "Roswell" stamped on the crate. There is a small glimpse of the Ark though. This movie is about the famed "El Dorado", the legendary city of gold. And aliens.
Yep, Spielberg put in aliens, and the movie isn't really that much fun as the Raiders. Watchable though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment