I was reminded again today, of why, if you want your work done, you'd better do it yourself. Waiting for someone to do it takes you through initial relief, then impatience, pleas, reminders, more pleas, anger, threats, frustration, and still nothing gets done. No I know you did not mean it to be so. It just happens. I should've been wiser given my past experiences in this sort of thing.
Taking this to another level is the Engineer who loves to get dirty -- really, is there any other sort of Engineer? I love it when an Engineer flips a screwdriver, forgets his qualifications, and proceeds to open an power supply, or a cabinet, or a fan or whatever and just fix it. Just met one of those types today. The more "stuffy" types tend to wait for the "menial" help. Really, what is an Engineer if he doesn't want to get dirty?
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I totally agree with you guruji. Thats why my hands are always dirty...hehehe. I keep fiddling with stuff, tech or otherwise.
oh well ... u can count me to in your list of peopl with dirty hands!
I get my hands dirty almost everyday .... the reason is simple!
Does my degree ... BE really qualify me??? So i'd rather be humble and get shock once or more so that I know what to do next! and whom to depend on...!
I know the answer ... NO-ONE!
DO IT YOURSELF PEOPLE!
Wah: loadsa gyaan!
Dignity of Labour
and blah and blah!
Well, I guess if you fight with a pig, the pig will might be in pain but is happy rolling the sewers and you will get dirty. If you fight with an engineer, the engineer is happy fighting you as well as getting dirty... moral of story: fight with pigs not engineers. (Did that just make sense? Or am I disillusioned! Keeping awake for more than 2 days does this, I guess)
BTW nice new pop up window! *phew* Now my short attention span is happy! Otherwise after reading it was a pain to hit "Back" and then read what I wanted to comment about again with the stress of remembering it ;D
It isn't about dignity of labour as much as it is about being able to do at all levels the work you're supposed to do. I.e., when you can do it, then you do it. Nothing like "Ya, I learn it, but it's so below me now".
Kinda like why celebrity writers shouldn't be parading their columns in national newspapers when they're being ghost-written.
Post a Comment