I've determined that I'm high-performance, but low throughput. In that I can code an assignment in 10 hours flat, working continuously, but don't do anything in the one month that I was supposed to be doing it.
Hence, the current scheduler in my brain has been booted out. Fired. Downsized. You get the picture.
I've replaced the scheduling algorithms to achieve higher throughput, since my plans largely include doing a lot of things rather than some things very well (atleast in the first couple of years --- this thinking is problematic for PhD people who must do one thing and do that one thing very well).
Will post progress on that soon, now have three tests coming up one after the other. And two assignments. And one project. Etc.
Sorry my blogging process has just been scheduled out of the CPU ...
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My sympathies. I know how it feels pal!
Guruji you gotta check out this site... www.phdcomics.com...Trust me its good
I'm a regular reader of phdcomic! All archives already read, new cartoon comes out every two days :)
In fact, I've also linked to a cartoon on that site in my blog post Masala Dosa at 1 AM!
We have life more easier here though than those poor Stanfordites...
Expecting to see an improvement(a better version) of this algorithm soon.
All the best for your exams.
well my friend, your symtoms tell me that you've been suffering from Mumbai Universititis since the last four years at least. The ailment has no medicine but it wears off slowly with time. It also needs some boosting from the lighter side of force which I guess is on its way. My estimates tell me that you'll be cured in the next few months... but then I'm only an adhoc shaman witch doctor :D
Post a Comment