Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spiderman 3

Caught up with Spiderman 3, not having watched S2, but having watched S1. Spidey's not someone I'm acquainted with, when it comes to comic-book superheroes. I've read only his first story, courtesy Diamond Comics. The Indian Diamonds Comics -- not the global giant.

Lots of villains, too many costumes, and well, rather simplistic heroes and villains. Yep, this film is for the kids all the way. The person who enjoyed the film the most sat next to me, a rather vocal 8-year (?) old kid, who was on the edge of his seat all the time. "Go Peter Parker!" -- "What is he (Goblin Jr.) doing?" -- "I'm confused", etc. Ah well, Spiderman is definitely more accessible to kids these days, so guess that's why he's so popular with them. I mean, c'mon, we've had one Batman and Superman movie in the last couple of years, while we've had three Spiderman movies. Thankfully, no more.

Clearly the makers of Spiderman 3 are on a mission -- don't miss the religious symbolism or the patriotic imagery in the latter half of the film.

Recommend Bheja Fry over this any time.

2 comments:

Manish Agrawal said...

Kya baat hai! Sree's doing research on movies too! Well, I knew only about Computer Science.
(LOL)

Jugal said...

Atleast Spidey 3 is original! Ha!

The ghosts of evil dead are coming for you boy! Run! ;)

Apart from the religious and patriotic imagery nothing else bugged me about the movie.

Yes, nothing else appealed to me too (apart from the stunts)