Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Tale of the Flat Tire

I've been pre-occupied the last week or so. So pre-occupied, in fact, that I never noticed that my cycle's tire was flat. Yeah, the ride did get a little bit bumpy -- okay maybe not just a little bit -- but I figured something was wrong with the shocks or the seat. Until a friend pointed out the exact cause. In case you think this is funny, let me assure you, detecting a flat on a Swing is difficult. And as I said, I've been pre-occupied with tech-stuff these days.

Flat is now fixed, and rider and cycle are heaving a sigh of relief.

5 comments:

Manish Agrawal said...

Congratulations! for the accomplishment.
LOL

Alff said...

Did you check the rim for any deformations, coz riding on a flat causes havoc on the rim (taught by experience).

ksp said...

@alff: Yeah, I better do that, but the Swing has such awesome shocks that when you're not sitting on it, there's very little weight on the rim as such. But I'd better check. Thanks!

Rupin Chheda said...

Hey Sree,
I would say the ride would get bumpy,but it would have also been a strenous,I think a flat tire would require more power to chug along..and my thought tells me that you have shifted gears...

Rupin Chheda said...

Sorry for my grammar there...