As a group of (financial) contribution-seekers found out today, I immensely dislike being dictated to, especially without my consent.
They disturbed my sleep (okay, since I wasn't supposed to be sleeping), blocked my door (not okay, though the foot-on-the-threshold was probably unconscious), delivered a long spiel (okay, since not really listening), and while I was contemplating paying them just to get rid of them, decided to tell me that they'd decided a priori how much I should pay. Seriously. Bad. Move. They went back empty-handed from my door.
Dear contribution seekers, don't play a zero-sum game. It doesn't have to be insert-your-amount-here or zero. You could've got more or less. But telling me that you've already decided what each person shall pay without consulting them reeks of an arrogance I thought someone educated at your level would've left behind. It is wise to remember history.
To be frank, I didn't know I would be so mad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha ha :D well Eunuchs do that... he he but they have a more sophisticated word for that contribution, they call it alms.
Remember seen between A and senior during first/second year - where senior came asking for contribution for fresher's party :D If you don't remind me about this, will tell you.
Post a Comment