I took a PDF file, two pages, A4 size each, in full color. The artwork was not vector, but it was enlarged raster (read: bad but okay). Printo prints (slightly larger than) A3 sticker sheets [13x12in], with Matt and Glossy finishes. Which means that the two A4 sheets would print side by side, and I'd be charged only for a single printout. That's Rs. 40, including the paper, which is less expensive than my previous D-I-Y efforts! Since copies cost Rs. 21 each, I decided to take a copy too, so I could look at the quality of a "copy". That's a total of Rs. 61 for two A3 size sheets.
I left the shop 15 minutes later, with some excellent printouts. Even the copy was indistinguishable from the original. These stickers were the real stuff! Good, high-quality paper with high-quality laser printing (600dpi), you feel the upraised toner!
Cutting these stickers out was a bit of a pain, especially the curved parts, and a French curve really didn't help. I improvised a Bezier curve-like approach, chopping off pieces on the wrong side of selected tangents, and then trimming off the excess (small) pieces.
Awesome! Now Bonszai sports this sticker:

I've also got tons of distro-specific 1x2in stickers similar to these.
Now the question is: What do I do with all these stickers? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment