Thursday, October 18, 2007

Making Posters

As reported earlier, I've been conducting some experiments in course of my research. As the first week of October dawned, I've been hitting some harder problems, and I was, quite frankly, unimpressed with the way I've been handling them. And as I despaired, my guides told me that I could submit my preliminary results to a conference as a poster. Of course, the deadline was the next day. Thankfully, the deadline was extended, and I submitted the summary.

I then took the next week "off", working on some other totally unrelated non-research problems. That cleared up my mind a bit, and took quite a bit of the frustration off.

A couple of days ago, I got news that my poster's been accepted, and that I'm going to Goa! Yippeee! That will be in December. After that, home for some hopefully well-deserved rest.

For now, back to those problems ...

[The poster is available on my lab's website, and the conference is the International Conference on High Performance Computing]

2 comments:

G@K said...

Congrats!

ksp said...

manish, g@k: Thanks!