-04.00: Notice heavy dark clouds on horizon while warming up. Hmm ...
-00.10: First drops of rain hit the ground. Think it will be a quick shower.
00.00: Decide to run in the rain. Cannot hear any music though.
02.05: First 400m are easy, despite the rain. Fun too. Ground's just getting wet, though most other runners have gotten off the track.
04.10: I'm now splashing through puddles that are getting larger by the second. Feet still dry though. Can't say the same about the DryFit tee that's getting soaked. Well, the manufacturer never promised it'll remain dry when it got wet from the outside. Still running in form. 800m done.
06.13: Can't see the ground anymore, it's covered with flowing water. Puddles are now rivulets. Feet are distinctly soaked and socks are getting heavier. Tee is completely soaked and very heavy. I can hear joyful screams from the football ground. Brings back memories. Not as tired though -- water running my face seems to be helping. 1200m.
08.14: In two minds whether to continue after the first mile. Completely soaked clothes (but I'm still not feeling cold!) and leaden shoes assist the decision. Finish a mile in 8.14s, about 20s slower than usual, and also decide to finish up for today.
Walk back 400m for a literal cool down with hair down enjoying the rain.
Come back to room to discover I'm sweating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Which competition are you preparing for?
No competition for now, just having fun.
Post a Comment