On the City: Quieter, cleaner but a bit disorganized.
On the People: No opinion on those outside, but on the ones inside: Incredibly polite and understanding. Coming from a "me-first" city, it's nice to see the "you-first" culture here in the Institute.
On the Institute: A dream come true, 'nuff said?
On the Hostel: Wow! Brilliantly architected, solitary and quiet. I've never seen such a beautiful hostel before. Hostel 13 (IITB) is indeed newer and better, but it still looks like a hostel with its long rows of doors. This one doesn't, breaking up the view (you never see more than three rooms in this 257 room hostel), open-sky passageways (or flying bridges), stone benches under shady trees (which are breaking the benches!), and a huge foyer. It's located in the Gymkhana premises (and not the main campus), and is a good 20 minutes away from department. Will write a bigger post later on this, as this will be my home away from home for a long time.
On the Dept: Didn't expect me to ask for lab facilities as soon as I've been admitted :), but here I am in the 24x7 lab, blogging away. My account was already ready, and the students around helpfully got me started on this SuSE system. Yep, haven't seen Windows here at all. External network access is highly restricted, and I'm on the receiving end this time. Only HTTP allowed so far.
On the Food: Cheap fruit juice available, Mess food is okay too, with a few options for other food as well.
On the Weather: Cold. Very cold. It's the first time I've been able to consistently see my breath condensing as I exhale, though this was just after a small rainstorm.
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
keep us updated :)
Akshay Surve
Post a Comment