Released "worldwide" on July 7, except it landed up in India on July 21. Thankfully, it's just a few weeks now for most English movies to be released in India. Some of them even land up on the same day as the international release.
POTC: Dead Man's Chest carries on where POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl left off. I wasn't fortunate enough to catch Curse of the Black Pearl in the theatres, but enjoyed the movie thoroughly when it was shown on television. Enough to make me want to catch Dead Man's Chest in the theatres. It did not disappoint.
Johnny Depp returns as the comical and likeable Captain Jack Sparrow in a brand new story. There are few links to the first movie, except (of course) for the characters, so you can enjoy it regardless of whether you've watched the first movie. The story integrates many popular legends such as the Flying Dutchman, Davy Jones (and his Locker) and the Kraken (where have I read about the Kraken before?) which is perhaps a sign of a well-written story. Execution is also superb, with some excellent stunts and brilliant CGI. It's also an incredibly funny movie, albeit with some dark images (we're talking about pirates, you see).
I couldn't have ended my movie-going experience in this city (for now) with a better film. Now to wait for POTC 3 due May 25, 2007. Wonder where I'll watch that movie.
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment