Friday, April 30, 2010

Evening Rides

As the curtain draws down upon April, and it is clear that it will not be a 500 month, I still am cycling and having fun.

The evenings in Bangalore are wonderful this time of the year. It will either be very overcast, or lightly drizzling. This is, in my opinion, perfect weather for cycling. So everyday before I head for the evening cup of coffee and snacks, I hop onto my bicycle and go on an aimless ride of the campus. Although I have a cyclometer attached, I pay more attention to the wind whistling past my ears, and the steady cadence of my feet. There are now glass-covered buildings on campus (the new, still in construction, Aerospace buildings), and I often indulge my vanity gazing at my reflection as I zoom past. It's a pity it's only about 4 km or so, since I'm done in about 10min.

But if I'm lucky, the trail that now covers a circuit of campus will be tarred before I leave, and that will make a very nice circuit to ride daily.

1 comment:

Nitin Pai said...

given the unbearable heat here, You are making me envious!!